Things to Know:
Penokean Hills Farms works hard to deliver the best possible service. Our fabrication area regularly handles cuts from full primals to 4 oz. portion cut steaks. Spaces do book up quickly and as a result there are a couple of things you can do to help us serve you better:
- If you are booking with us, we recommend you book as early as you can to ensure the date of service you wish to receive. Please call 705.782.4224 to request a booking.
- For cutting and wrapping services, please fill out one of our custom cut sheets and hand it in to our staff prior to bringing your animal in. If cut sheets are not handed in before or at the time of animal drop off, a $25 fee will be assessed.
- Ensure you have all proper animal ID tags and necessary information required prior to bringing in your animal(s). For example regarding beef OTM (over 30+ months of age) protection, it is a great idea to have a birth certificate for beef.
- All pricing shown includes disposal of offal.
- If you are not happy with something, please let us know! We cannot be of help if we are unaware of a problem. Its our desire to help our customers in any way we can.
Important Non-Compliance Fees:
- Excessively dirty carcasses will be charged a $30 clean up fee as deemed necessary by our staff.
- Cut sheets need to be handed in before or at the time of animal drop off. A $25 fee will be assessed for non-compliance to this.
- If an animal is condemned, there is a composting fee of $50.
- Pork over 400lbs or cattle with horns over 4″ long WILL be turned away upon arrival. For the safety of our staff, please do not bring them to us.
Cancellations less than 1 week from the date of slaughter will be assessed the full livestock slaughter charge. We are sorry to implement this, but last minute cancellations have a real opportunity cost for us. Thank you in advance for your understanding.